Saturday 10 September 2011

Friday September 9th 2011

I was so hungry this morning when I woke up it was awful. I didn`t eat since last night because they wanted my belly to be empty for surgery. I was supposed to be there at 9:45 but they were running late so I didn`t even get in until 11:00. They had to put that thing on my face again so I wouldn`t catch any bugs on my way to the operating room. There were so many little kiddies there that I didn`t feel so scared. They were all being so brave so I had to be brave too. The nurse wrapped me up and took me from mommy and daddy. Mommy was so sad she cried the whole time but I`ve been through so much that I was tough. They told mommy and daddy they would put me to sleep with a mask first then keep me asleep with some medication in an IV. Thank goodness I was asleep for that IV because I really didn`t want to get poked again. They told mom and dad to stay in the hospital just incase they got called back to the operating room and that it should only take two hours. I guess something went a little wrong during the surgery because I was there for an extra two hours. They told mommy they had to fix my central line after it was already done and they had trouble getting my bone marrow so they had to poke me four times. Twice in the back and twice in my shins. When I finally was done and came back to my room I was so sleepy because they gave me all kinds of medication. I had wires on me everywhere because they wanted to keep a very close eye on me. The last time I had my PICC line put in I stopped breathing so this time they hooked me all up to monitors and of course I had a terrible night. I needed a bit of oxygen to help me breath and I threw up all of my medication twice. I got some stuff to make me sleepy from a needle and so I wouldn`t feel so sick anymore. It worked for a little but I was cranky all night long. Mommy stayed up with me because she was so scared but I was just sore and hungry but sick to my belly. All I did was cough cough cough and my throat was so sore from the tube they had down there. I can`t wait until tomorrow comes so maybe I won`t feel so yucky. Ughhhh so exhausted...I hope this will all be over soon but I`m afraid its just begun.

No comments:

Post a Comment